21.4.13

BLACK / NOIR / MUSTA / SVART


My life wouldn't be complete if I didn't own black clothes. There's some magic in them, you just cannot go wrong wearing them. I adore all-black outfits, and if you keep your look nice, plain and simple, well, it's just a feast for the eyes. Every once in a while, dressed in all black, I think it could be quite risky to go to a bank. You know, wearing my suspiciously colored gear I might look like a (stylish) bank robber or burglar. 

You can make your monochromatic outfit look iconic and enviable with a few simple tricks. The first is to play with different textures;  diversity makes the outfit visually more interesting and even _black_ contains different shades in it. You can mix up for example some shiny velvet with matte finish silk or cotton, and perfect the look with leather shoes, a backpack and a pair of sunnies.




Petrol boots by Dr. Martens. Velvet leggings by Monki.

You can polish your look with only one special fabric. Those velvet leggings combined with a plain cotton t-shirt would look amazing when the sun makes them shine like marvelous velvet diamonds (not to mention those Dr. Martens)! Ooh la la. Immediately more twist to a simple look.

What else you can do with your outfit noir is to try out different cuts. I personally like the simple and minimalistic cuts the most, and such clothes make an interesting yet up-to-date and polished look.

The blend of minimalistic and a little bit of something more experimental adds new tones as well, but remember: you need one show-stopper in your look (at least in my minimalistic opinion). I'll write more about it later.

Here are some of my fave looks I found today.

ACNE PRE-FALL13. Simple cuts, different textures but fanciful accessories. 

MTWTFSS WEEKDAY SS13

& OTHER STORIES. There's maybe too much of a jewelry but the cut of the coat is amazing.

HELMUT LANG PRE-FALL13



PHOTO CREDS IN THE ORDER OF APPEARANCE:       

No comments:

Post a Comment